Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Math and I are Not Friends...

...but I have made a start on cutting templates for the 1/64 scale Space:1889 aerial flyer. My Google-fu is weak today; I couldn't find any detailed plans or templates online so resorted to using the Mk 1 Eyeball on the design in the book and this plan...


The lower section looked the most complicated part to work out, so, on the principle that it'll get easier from there on I started with that.


The templates are cut from cereal packet card, and I've taped them together temporarily to check the alignment. There might be a bit of adjustment to do. The next step will be to make templates for the main deck and deck house before cutting the components from basswood and foamcore. I have some ideas for deck fixtures and fittings but more of those later.

2 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

A good start.Maths and I don't see eye to eye at times too.
Alan

Captain Darling said...

Hi, foamcore is that the 'stuff' that is foam sandwiched in paper? Have you considered using styrene sheets in your construction? It comes in various thicknesses is easy to work with very durable and relatively cheap (buy direct from plastic suppliers in large sheets)...cheers Pete

 

home page uniques