Sunday, April 5, 2015

A Happy Easter!

* * *

Coo! I see it's been a while since I posted anything here. Going to SF cons, writing novels and getting ready for art shows takes up time. Even so, I'm keeping up to date with what's going on in the wargames blogosphere. 

For those who like their VSF - and who doesn't? - take a look at the esteemed Colonel O'Truth's gigantic work, Lord Smudgington Smythely-Smythe's Hydraulically Motorvated Sextupedal Land-Traversing Vacational Domicile. It's a work of model-making art! The good Colonel has almost finished the engine section, and will move on to the mansion section next. I admire his talent and perseverance!

Looking at that beast of a model has got me thinking of starting a VSF project I've had in mind for a few years, but on a much smaller scale, namely a Space:1889 aerial flier. Something like this...


I have a few ideas in mind, and a bit of time before Marcon in a month (it's worth checking out - it's a chance to meet great people in SF fandom. Eric Flint and Vernor Vinge will be guests of honor). I'll see what I can do with that idea.  I also hope to fight the next Chain of Command action in my VBCW campaign. Watch this space...

3 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

VSF,go for it!
Alan

Ogilvie VC said...

Ah there's simply nothing like standing on the bridge of a well trimmed Aeroneff with the world at your feet, a Golden sunset to aim for and the prospect of action just beyond the next cloud-bank...Huzzah!

A J said...

We had a busy day today, but as soon as my work area is cleared I'll make a start. =)

 

home page uniques