Monday, April 13, 2015

Aerial Flyer - lower hull construction 1


A little more progress with the Flyer. I adjusted the template to make the flight stand socket.


It's an inch thickness of foamcore reinforced with a section of thick plastic drinking straw and plastic card. An angled strut will run out from here to the tail plane, which will be on the right of the picture. This should theoretically put it on the balancing point for the completed model. The lower deck house isn't glued in place yet. This'll be the next job.

Since the underside of the main hull isn't visible during gaming I opted to 'plate' it with cereal packet card. I'll glue the deck house down then add the main part of the tail plane and the strut before laminating the underside with more card to represent metal hull panels. There will, of course, be rivets...


3 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

Big steps forward I say.Are you going to use naval figures as crew?

Ogilvie VC said...

Just popping in to check on progress at Her Majesties Aeroneff building yard. Coming along nicely I'd say.

A J said...

Thanks, gentlemen! Alan, I do have some Revirisco naval figures which will crew the Flyer. I'm tempted to re-base them on clear acrylic disks, but that's a ways down the road.

 

home page uniques