Tuesday, June 23, 2020

I see a Wood Henge and I wanna paint it...


...grey.

(With apologies to the Rolling Stones)

The undercoat is all dry, so now it's on to the next stage - dry brushing in successively lighter shades of grey.




I'm concentrating on the 'stones' since the ground around them will be covered by flock. You can see how the brushwork brings out the grain in the wood, making it look like weathered stone. I think at this point I'll stop dry brushing since the stones are light enough. The next step will be the ground work, specifically the grass and vegetation growing up in and around the stones.I'll probably add splotches of green in various shades to the stones to represent lichen, moss, etc.

3 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

Coming along very nicely indeed.

Michael Awdry said...

Wonderful! I feel the need for one of those myself.

A J said...

Thanks for the comments, gentlemen! More work anon.

 

home page uniques