Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Keeping track


Not much happening on the gaming front, since my commission work segued seamlessly into preparations for Archon 37 this weekend. I did get the chance to go to a local railway modeling show last Saturday where I picked up a useful pack of second-hand N-scale track to go with my 10mm VBCW. 

The track at top along with two print-off paper buildings.

The lower sections of track are destined for use in my Colonial gaming. I made them from a length of HO-scale track by cutting a short section out of the middle of the sleepers/ties, gluing the two pieces back together onto thick card stock before adding ballast and track-side terrain. I then made a silicon mold from it so I have a composite of track and terrain immediately adjacent. The pieces are cast from resin. In 25/28mm they are close enough to the 1 meter narrow gauge railway popular in some British and European colonies during that era. Rolling stock will follow, once I figure out a few details.    

3 comments:

Chris Stoesen said...

Looking good. Can you add the Google Plus 1 button to your posts? I would love to share your posts around some more. Especially your excellent AARs.

A J said...

Thanks, Chris! The Google +1 button is indeed on my blog, just beneath the Very British Civil War banner.

Millsy said...

What an awesome idea! Keen to see what you do with rolling stock...

 

home page uniques