Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Onward and upwards

It has to be said I've mixed feelings when it comes to eBay. PayPal is annoying me due to their policy of placing holds on payments received through sales there until either a positive rating is given, or 21 days has passed, whichever comes first. 

I think anyone who has ever sold stuff on eBarf knows there are buyers who never give ratings, however pleased they might be with their purchase. As a result, I've had money languishing in my account for nearly a month - no joke in this economy - whilst PiePulp merrily uses it to make money for themselves through loans interest, etc. What can be done about this? Sweet FA!

Grrr!

Equally, there's always a chance of picking up a bargain on eBilge. Last night I successfully bid for a batch of ten Wargames Foundry askaris for twelve bucks and change. These will form the nucleus of the Ukraziland Rifles, an auxiliary unit in British pay composed of local volunteers and rehabilitated wangwana from the previous regime. I'm currently cogitating on suitable uniform colors, but will probably settle for some shade of khaki.

Once they're painted and based, I plan to include them in the Raid on the Tembe mini-campaign to Sharp Practice rules mentioned in a previous post. Quite when I'll get around to playing it out - or even where I'll play it out - remains to be seen. We have a potential house-move in the near future, so circumstances are subject to change. 

In the meantime, I'm still working out the details of A Very British Civil War collection. Pendraken Miniatures has a forum dedicated to the 10mm scene, and there are photos of some superbly-painted figures and models there. Given my current constraints in terms of space, disposable income, and the aforementioned move, 10mm seems very much the way to go. I'll post my thoughts on the background to my VBCW in the next few days, probably by this weekend.
         

No comments:

 

home page uniques