Sunday, November 13, 2011

New recruits for the Ukrazi Tribe marching in

Real life has gotten in the way of the fun stuff as usual, but at least I found my latest batch of African native warriors had arrived when I came home. These are the multi-part hard plastic Zulus from Wargames Factory, and they look rather good at first sight. They do come on a goodly number of sprues, and there appears to be an astonishing number of arms bearing Martini-Henry rifles. I've had to buy a new camera, the old one having died after a mere four years' use, and I'll take some shots of the progress made assembling and painting them when I can.

In the meantime, I'm going to be busy with a commission to make a new Amy Pond "Sunflowers" diorama. It should look like the photo below once I've finished.


The miniature is "Emily Lake" from Heresy Miniatures in the UK. They're a friendly bunch, and have a very quick turnaround time, the figures reaching me here the US in less than a week. 

The Sharp Practise game will be played out when I can find time, hopefully before the end of the month when I finish the commission. It'll give me a chance to try out the spiffy new camera too.


No comments:

 

home page uniques