Monday, March 4, 2013

Back to the USA

We're off home to America tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing our friends again, although I'll miss family and friends here in England. Plans are afoot. With luck and a following wind, we'll have somewhere to live and actual employment. We'll see.

Packing is almost complete. I had to think hard about what I can take. In the end I plumped for my Darkest Africa collection of Belgian Force Publique, Zanzibari slavers, sailors, African civilians and Colonial types. The Zanzibari in particular will be useful. Added to the existing figures I have, they'll pose more of a challenge to the British garrison of Ukraziland and their Belgian counterparts. I'm planning to set-up an equivalent Belgian colony for the latter to find fame or notoriety in. Details to follow.

I found some space for a couple of SF vehicles and a neat 10mm scale house for AVBCW, along with some paints and brushes I was given for Xmas. Some other odds and ends will be mailed to me at a later date, once we're settled.

So, that's it for a while. This station is going off the air until the weekend. As Ed Morrow used to say, "Goodnight, and good luck!"
   


3 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Have a very safe trip, AJ. May you and your bride journey well.


-- Jeff

PS, I left a reply to your comment on my S-B blog.

tradgardmastare said...

Bon voyage!
We look forward to updates soon.

Fitz-Badger said...

Good luck to you as well!
Looking forward to more adventures in Ukraziland.

 

home page uniques