Thursday, June 14, 2018

Being in all respects ready for sea...


The Monitor is finished. The chocks were knocked away and she slid down the slipway into the river as easy as you please.

The vessel offshore from some islands (using the hill pieces I made a couple of years ago). The river is a blue plastic tablecloth.
She has the 'fierce face' aspect so beloved of French naval architects of this period. If a ship looks fierce, it'll have a dampening effect on the morale of her enemies - assuming they'll see it at big gun range through the mist, spray and smoke of battle.

The business end.
Moving slowly upriver, seen against a dusty sky. What adventures lie before her?


I may make another one to sell on eBay if the interest is there. In the meantime I've finished a small side project - more on that later - and have plans for a couple of other bits and pieces to dress the scene in future games. I have a scenario in mind for the vessel's first outing, but for now, I'm trying to think of a name for her. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Michael Awdry said...

Well done Sir! I have thoroughly enjoyed this project.

tradgardmastare said...

Splendid work sir!

Fitz-Badger said...

Very nice shipbuilding!

A J said...

Thank you kindly, gentlemen! Although it took time, it was a pleasure to build. I have some ideas for 'beer & pretzels' style gunboat rules in mind, so will work on those when I have time.

PatG said...

I just caught up with this project. She looks great!

 

home page uniques