Sunday, June 14, 2015

VSF Walker - a little more progress


A bit more progress with the VSF walker. I decided to work on the feet today. The components shown near the center of the photo are the small and large fleur-de-lis cast in resin from 'Mod Podge' molds picked up in a local craft store last weekend. The ankles and bones are wooden cocktail sticks and a spherical bead cut in half. I'm aiming at a kind of griffin claw-like look with Baroque overtones, if that's any guide.


Once the feet are done I'll attach them to the legs and the legs to the machine using epoxy adhesive so it'll have something to stand on before I crack on with the fuselage. The figures bottom-left are resin Belgian askari casualties, cast-up while I had the resin out. During their last outing the Force Publique got royally hammered by the G'Wunda tribe to the point I soon ran out of casualty figures. I'll need at least another dozen if I'm to be prepared for another carve-up on that scale...

3 comments:

Fitz-Badger said...

That's a cool idea for the Baroque griffin claw-feet.

tradgardmastare said...

It will be really interesting to see this developments- you have loads of good ideas here.
Alan

A J said...

Thanks, gentlemen! I've got the feet glued together. The beast is standing on its own two feet right now in a dry-run. I think I'll put some more VSF technotrappings on the legs before gluing them to the hull.

 

home page uniques
Fishing Rods