Sunday, May 16, 2021

New ground cloth

I dropped by a local ReStore charity shop a couple of weeks ago and picked up a nice offcut of green baize-like material. Experimenting on a small corner showed it takes acrylic paints well, which is good to know. I laid it out to see what it looks like with some terrain on it so I could get an idea of how to colour it, but before I put any trees out I saw there's an issue with the river.


Too much of the base green shows through. Although rivers usually tend not to be blue but an indeterminate muddy brown in reality, I don't want this to look like a road. Since I have some offcuts of blue poster card handy, I slid a length under the river (shown at the bottom of the photo) to see what that did for the look. I think daubing the card with a little brown and green paint in places then sticking it to the underside of the river sections will give a more realistic look. What do you all think? Ideas and suggestions welcome.

No comments:

 

home page uniques