Thursday, July 23, 2020

A Clutch of Cressy-class Cruisers


Try saying that six times quickly.

I haven't posted for a while because my wife and I are dealing with the aftermath of a car accident. Nobody got hurt, but our car got a right ding which rendered it inoperable for the time being. Negotiating with the insurance agencies is a long, time-consuming bloody nightmare, even though we were totally blameless for the collision.

Anyway...

In the little downtime I had I got to work on the much-needed Royal Navy armoured cruisers. These are the six-hull Cressy-class, ordered in 1898 and at the time the first major cruiser class built for the Royal Navy in fifteen years. Progenitors of subsequent vessels of their type, the first of the class was completed in 1902.

Like the other models I've built they're fairly basic. Here's the six undercoated and ready for the final paintwork, which I hope to do sometime in the next few days.



After these are doing I'll probably build the five London-class battleships which were assigned to the Mediterranean fleet.

2 comments:

Bluewillow said...

Nice additions to the fleet, looking forward to the completed models

Cheers
Matt

Michael Awdry said...

A lovely a bit of alliteration A.J. although sorry to hear about the accident!

More fabulous building, looking forward to seeing them painted.

 

home page uniques