Wednesday, January 17, 2018

So then... I'm back.


The House-move from Hell is over. It took far longer to get into our new house than expected due to various shenanigans I won't go into here. Now we're well into the Marathon that is unpacking stuff from boxes, to the traditional cry of "why on Earth did we keep this?"

And I have a new game room.


It's cluttered with stuff at the moment, and the walls are a boring shade of beige (is there such a thing as an exciting shade of beige..?) but at least I can size it up and get an idea of where things can go. I have a little less space than the previous room, but it shouldn't be a problem. Once all the necessary projects like kitchen and bedrooms are done, I will get on with this.

For the boards I'm going to make a table support measuring 5 feet long by 3 feet wide out of 2x4 and 1x4 inch wood like that shown in the previous post. Martin had the good idea of setting it on casters so it can be moved around easily, which will be great for this size room. I'm going to add a gate-leg to the idea so it can support the extension piece when I want to use it. The whole kit and kaboodle will go lengthwise from the window. Hopefully it'll get enough light.

As for my figures... Ouch. I packed them well, but most didn't come off too good at the tender mercies of the moving guys. I see the need for a few touch-ups here and there. The best survivors are the Dux B gang who got rattled around a bit but are otherwise undamaged. Their village survived just fine, and is ready for them to occupy.

More news as it comes in. I've got a lot of boxes to unpack and flatten. :/

3 comments:

Joakim Ström said...

Well, there is a least potential :-)

Carlo said...

That’s great news AJ and a games room is always an added bonus. Congratulations.

A J said...

Thanks, gentlemen! Yes, it's nice to have a games room again. We're gradually clearing the decks and inch by inch getting a livable house. Our cooker and fridge were installed yesterday, so the kitchen looks like a kitchen. Once all that's done I'll get to work on the games room.

 

home page uniques