Friday, April 21, 2017

Dux Britanniarum bases


I'd forgotten what a pain in the posterior house-hunting can be. It's a tiresome case of hurry-up-and-wait, with some jewels among houses to look at - and some I just wanted to close the door on right away. I'm also pretty sure I'm not the only gamer in the world who eyes up rooms and basement areas as potential gaming rooms?

After a hectic round of days spent viewing and packing I found a few minutes to spare, so i dug out the paints and finished off the first batch of the Dux Britanniarum movement bases.

The first photo shows them after a light wet brushing with an eclectic mix of Miniatures Paints and ordinary craft acrylic paint. I used a bit of chocolate brown in the cups to show where men have trodden after the casualty has been removed.


Second photo, with the bases occupied by the peasant levy. Note that I've yet to fit the shields to these since I'm waiting until the house-move malarkey is done with before buying some shield transfers.


4 comments:

Fitz-Badger said...

I went through the house-hunting (and worse, house-selling) malarkey last year, so I feel for you. And, yes, I did look for potential for a game/hobby space (even joked when one house had an odd cupboard that raised the question of what it was for - my thought was, it would be good for game storage). Good luck!

The movement trays look good!

A J said...

Thanks, Fitz. Yes, buying and/or selling, it's not fun. I hope your move went smoothly.

Michael Awdry said...

I do hope the house hunting woes come yo an end soon. Bases look good though.

A J said...

Thanks, Michael. Everything is still up in the air at the moment. More places to look at next week.

 

home page uniques