Sunday, November 6, 2016

Musings


Work has kept me busy these last few days, but at least my computer is now running as it should (Writing which, of course, is a way of tempting Fate...). I have a bit of time and cash to spend on my hobby and I'm facing the old, old wargamers' dilemma - what to spend it on?

I should use it to complete my ECW collection: It would be the sensible thing to do, but since when has a wargamer seen sense when faced with so much shiny metal and tempting rules-sets?

I've been eyeing the Too Fat Lardies' Dux Britanniarum rules for some time. From what I see and read, as always with this company, the rules are well produced and eminently playable, with the rules writers and a knowledgeable crowd of gamers to hand online if questions arise. The current woefull exchange rate betwixt Pounds and Dollars works in favour of those of us living this side of the Pond.

Then there are the 15mm Dark Ages figures produced by Splintered Light Miniatures out of Georgia. This company offers Dux Britanniarum starter armies for Early Saxon, Romano-British, Scots-Irish and Picts.

Decisions, decisions...

No comments:

 

home page uniques