Thursday, January 7, 2016

A Mass of Malignant Cavalry and the Beginnings of a Bridge


A quiet beginning to the New Year here in NW Ohio. I completed Sir Charles Gerard's Regiment of Horse for the Royalist army, the first cavalry unit of my ECW collection. They only need the base work to be done to be finished. Normally I find cavalry a chore to paint regardless of scale, but these painted up nicely.


Sir Allen Apsley's Regiment of Foot is on the painting block. They're a red coat regiment from the King's Oxford army to go with Bolle's blue coat regiment.  

I also made a beginning on an N-scale bridge to complete my river sections.


Apologies for the quality of the photos. Our camera batteries died so I had to use the new tablet we got for Xmas. Its imaging quality isn't as good as a camera. The brickwork looks a lot pinker than in real life.

I photoshopped a section of real-life brickwork, scaled it to my needs then printed it off on regular paper. This I cut out and stuck to sections of corrugated card. I'll use more card to form the road bed and arches which will also stiffen the sides, and apply more brickwork to the road side of the parapet. Once these steps are done I'll attach it to a section of clear plastic and build up the terrain either side to match my other river sections.

1 comment:

Michael Awdry said...

Lots of progress been made here, looking forward to seeing the finished results.

 

home page uniques
Fishing Rods