Sunday, November 7, 2021

Gaming cloth upgrade ~ Early steps


It's been a while since I last posted. The reasons are many and varied, but basically Life got in the way. So, now things are a bit more settled, here's my latest project. 

Last year I bought this section of green cloth from the local ReStore/Habitat For Humanity shop for a few dollars. It's seen a couple of games since, but I've wanted to get rid of the totally unrealistic uniform colour for a while. 

I'm not going to follow the mastic/silicone caulk approach used by others. A little experiment shows it'll take poster/craft paint well, so I'm going to do a small area at a time and see how it goes.

5 comments:

Peter said...

I have made a few mats and found a sponge invaluable to apply the paint which was watered down greatly. The watered down paint had to be applied in layers to build up the colour required.

tradgardmastare said...

Good to have you posting again, looking forward to seeing what you do with this.

Matt Crump said...

Nice just make sure it is permanent colour !

A J said...

Thanks, gentlemen! Peter: Noted, and thanks for the suggestion. I use a stipple brush, but I'll try a sponge in places for a different effect.

Matt: I don't think I'll ever wash the cloth, and hopefully the pigment stays permanent. There's no lifting so far.

Neil said...

Looking forward to seeing it.
Neil

 

home page uniques