Sunday, June 25, 2017

Still b*ggering on...


It doesn't look like our house will sell any time soon, so I'm pottering away with occasional painting sessions. The Comanipulares are about done. I used a little black ink to bring out the chain mail and then dipped the figures in clear varnish. I did this rather than use my usual ink & varnish dip, which is a bit too thick and would obscure details. One coat of matte varnish to go then I can base them up.


I'm currently reading Correlli Barnett's The First Churchill: Marlborough, Soldier and Statesman...



It's not a period I'm familiar with, and my interest was piqued when some of the members of my club in the UK played a WSS game recently. The book is a good read and shows what a remarkable man John Churchill was. As a consequence I found myself looking over Pendraken Miniatures' rather nice 10mm range. Yes, I'm suffering a bout of "Wargamer's wants..."

1 comment:

Michael Awdry said...

What a bind, but looks like you are keeping yourself busy.

 

home page uniques